Join our ever growing team. This care service involves a programme of personal care and household care management that
is personalised for each service user in the form of a care plan. Care duties will, therefore,
include assisting the service user with a variety of duties, and in doing so the carer will observe
and respect the service user’s dignity, privacy and independence as far as is practical.
Principal responsibilities – Care/Support Worker
1. To provide personal and practical care services for people with a wide range of illnesses and
2. To assist service users with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing,
bathing and the toilet where necessary.
3. To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including
incontinence and help in use- and care of aids and personal equipment.
4. To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking to
them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and
5. To make and change beds; tidy rooms; do light cleaning and empty commodes.
6. To launder service users’ clothing.
7. To prepare light meals and wash up, and tidy and clear away.
8. To ensure all home visits are for the time allowed, as scheduled and request the service
user’s signature on supplied timesheets at the end of each visit, showing the accurate time of
arrival and departure.
9. To be familiar with Prime Care’s Health and Safety Policy and to promote safe working
practices. To ensure full compliance with infection control procedures following company
10. To report and record any accident or incident which may occur – no matter how minor,
whether to the service user or carer.
11. To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
12. To participate in induction and foundation training and regular in-service training
programmes as directed by managers or supervisors.